Saturday, May 26, 2018

Wow, I Can Get Sexual Too

Pre-post disclaimer regarding post number two about Hot Hockey Guy: Griffin is a very sensitive young man in touch with his feelings and has been known to cry over many things including but not limited to poetry, song lyrics, movies, plays, television shows, the news, instrumental songs, super cute cows, super cute dogs, super cute dogs being kissed by super cute cows, and really, the list doesn't stop. He has, however, never felt the urge to cry over another man's penis size.

My bad.

And now that that's cleared up, but while we're on the subject of penises, let's talk about sex. Or rather, let's talk about the idea of sex and how every guy acts like he wants it so much but mostly that's a bunch of bullshit stemming from societal norms. I'm talking about a universal generalization that pretty much goes like this:

Guys are these super horny creatures with sex on their minds all the time who will take advantage of every opportunity they have to fuck. Girls, on the other hand, aren't nearly as sexual as men and have to, for the most part, be talked into having sex, give sex as a reward or a present--or maybe perform certain sex acts only for these reasons--or are only half as interested as guys, and on the off chance that a guy does end up with a girl who's super into sex, he'd be thrilled.

Well, I am here to debunk all that crap, ideally once and for all, but a lot more realistically to one or two readers if even that.

First, about that last one, all I have to say is, Ha! A woman with an unusually high sex drive is nice in theory, but the majority of men are actually pretty intimidated by it. It's one of those they think they know what they want but they really don't things.

Second, about the guys wanting sex all the time and girls not being that into it thing, I cannot tell you how many women I know, who I have known throughout my entire life, who have been in relationships that embody the exact opposite of this notion. I know of two women who got divorced for this reason--I'm one of them although by the end of my marriage, a whole heaping helping of a bunch of other stuff was piled on top of the completely disproportionate desire for sex thing, all of which stemmed from that disproportionate desire for sex thing--women who have had affairs for this reason, and women, beautiful, desirable women, who question their self-worth for this reason. (I currently know one girl, one of the prettiest girls I know, who just started an affair pretty much for this reason--although there are others too--but we'll talk about her more in depth at a later date.)

Like the misguided notions about penis size, this misguided notion about men and sex is harmful, too, not only to women, but to men as well. Regarding women who have been told their whole lives that men just want to fuck, fuck, fuck, and then fuck some more, how are they to feel when that's not the case? Bad, of course. Unwanted. Gross. And regarding men who have been told their whole lives that they're supposed to want to fuck, fuck, fuck, and then fuck some more, how are they going to feel if that's not how they are? Pretty bad, I'm pretty sure, as if they're somehow less than men.

Now, don't think I'm saying all guys are shittalkers pretending to be interested in sex just because of societal norms. I'm sure there are plenty of guys who want it all the time just like I'm sure there are plenty of women who don't. I'm just saying that there's so much damage done from sexual myths and expectations, and that that's a horrible thing. Like ideas of femininity and masculinity, this idea of what a man's sexuality is supposed to look like is so entrenched in our society, it's rarely talked about openly when there's a deviation from the "norm" because the parties involved feel so wrong they're embarrassed to even bring it up.

And that, people who read my blog, is what's actually wrong. 

No comments:

Post a Comment